Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How many cards do I have to carry?
There are two possible cards. One is required, the other is optional.
1) ScriptSavings.com Prescription Savings Card (REQUIRED). This card is presented at one of over 60,000 participating pharmacies nationwide. They are local to you and more are joining every day. This card is your pathway to prescription drug cost savings and must be presented at the time of ordering and purchase. The ScriptSavings.com Prescription Savings Card identifies to the pharmacy the correct group and plan that you are participating within.
2) VPSP Rebate Pre-Paid Debit Card (Optional). The Rebate Pre-Paid MasterCard™ Debit Card is sent to you in the mail and contains your rebate rewards that may be used after you activate the card. These rewards are received and compiled based on the purchase of specific, participating Brand Drugs. This card can be carried in an identical manner to any other credit or debit card and is not necessary to be presented at the pharmacy at the time of purchse. It is yours to use as you see fit.
When is the card effective?
Your ScriptSavings.com Prescription Savings card is effectively immediately upon creation. Whether you print it out after signing up online or the card has been presented to you as part of an employee participation program, it may be used immediately.
When participants receive their Rebate Pre-Paid MasterCard™ Debit Card in the mail, it must be activated to obtain the value on the card (please refer to the Rebate Activation links on this website). Remember that the card values are updated based on participating Brand Drugs, so be sure to check your balance regularly.
How do I get a ScriptSavings.com Prescription Savings card?
Both individuals and organizations may receive cards. It's easy!
- Individuals that do not have a card may obtain a ScriptSavings.com Prescription Savings card by utilizing this website and completing the online enrollment form.If you have arrived at ScriptSavings.com as a referral, you should have received some specific information regarding a GROUP number. This GROUP number is your connection to your participating plan's savings. Don't worry if you don't have a GROUP number, you are still welcome to join and begin experiencing the savings immediately! You must also include your name and 10-digit telephone number (your phone number acts as your member identification code). The card may then be printed online and used immediately or you can receive a printed card in the mail within 7-10 business days.
The card that you print out will look like the one below; however, your name will be printed as you have supplied it. Your Member ID is any number that you select although we highly suggest your 10-digit phone number as it is something easily remembered, yet is unique to you. This number, along with your name and identification information supplied to the pharmacist, will be the means by which your rebates are tracked and applied.
- Organizations must complete a simple one-page enrollment form to obtain a unique Group Number that is used for tracking your affiliated members. Once the form is approved, organizations then have the option of branding and/or private labeling the ScriptSavings.com or printing materials with your logo and affiliations. Veridikal also offers a robust Sponsorship (Link) program that allows a full marketing campaign, pads in physician offices, employee cards, and printed materials to be created to support your Prescription Discount Card Program.
Are all my prescriptions covered?All prescriptions prescribed by a licensed physician are eligble for a discount. However, only eliglble Brand prescription medications have the possibility of Rebate participation.
When will I receive my rebate after purchasing a Branded prescription?Your first rebate takes approximately 30-45 days to be received. Once the initial period has been passed, rebates are received on the 15th of the month following the month in which the Branded prescription was purchased (for example: any eligible branded prescription purchased in April will be received as a rebate on the 15th of May)
Will I receive a check in the mail for my rebates?No. Your rebates will be issued on a Pre-Paid MasterCard™ Debit Card. You will also receive rebate notifications via e-mail once a rebate has been issued to your specific Debit Card.
On the Drug Pricing Tool, I see that there may be lower priced drug(s) than my current prescription. May I change the prescription to the lower priced drug(s)?
Yes a prescription may be changed, but consult your physician first. ScriptSavings.com does not make recommendations on what is the right prescription for you. This is up to your prescribing physician in concert with your pharmacist.
There are three main classifications of drugs: Brand (only one manufacturer), Multi-Source (many manufacturers) and Generic (many manufacturers, as well as copyrights, patents and specific trademarks are no longer restricting a single Brand drug). Many times, manufacturer incentives cause that a Brand or Multi-Source drugs will be more cost effective than a no-name generic. At these times, a consumer would be wise to request the best value, based on the conversations held with their physician and pharmacist.
We recommend that consumers consult with their physician and pharmacist to determine the right drug for their condition at the most effective cost. Individual State regulations control whether or not a pharmacist is automatically allowed to dispense a generic in place of a Brand drug or to modify a prescription from the original physician created order. The goal at ScriptSavings.com is to educate the public and consumers on options based on industry standards and available discounts.
How much of a discount will I receive?
Discounts will vary depending on whether the drug is Brand or Generic. The greatest discounts are commonly for Generics and they can be as high as 70%! ScriptSavings.com has a competitive pricing system that evaluates multiple store locations and many other incentives to guarantee you the lowest price available. Remember, at the time of purchase, if you do not present your ScriptSavings.com Card, the pharmacy is not obligated to extend you any associated discount. You may also not be eliglble for rebates if you do not use the card and present it every time you purchase a prescription. Discounts are not cumulative and are not in addition to any other offer or program. Pharmacies will only apply the maximum singular discount available and will not combine offers.
Why does the price of the same drug change from month to month?Pricing for prescription medication and the associated discounts changes daily based on national standards, pricing and purchasing among supply groups, etc. ScriptSavings.com is here to assist you in finding the best pricing available for your prescription purchases.
What is the difference between Brand drugs and Generic drugs?
Brand drugs are those items that are still covered by a patent, so therefore they are only manufactured by one company. Because these items are only produced by one company, no competition for that item is available and therefore the pricing is typically more expensive. When a drug patent expires, multiple companies are then able to produce the drug, thereby creating a competitive environment for the drug and subsequently reducing the purchasing cost.
Evidence-based research has shown that higher cost brand drugs are no more effective than lower cost generic alternatives for the same drug. When utilizing the ScriptSavings.com Prescription Savings Card, you have the possibility for a discount with every drug, however, only Brand drugs are eligible for rebates.
Is this program a Manufacturers Assistance Program (MAP) or Prescription Assistance Program (PAP)?
No. ScriptSavings.com is a separate discount program that allows individuals to supplement their existing coverage or is for those that do not have specific prescription drug coverage at all. MAP and PAP programs are sponsored directly by Manufacturers and your physician must submit an application and enrollment based on the qualifications of each program. ScriptSavings.com recommends the Veridikal Healthcare Solutions, LLC MAP and PAP program for healthcare organizations that also want to participate in these programs for qualified patients.
Does the program work with mail order purchases?
In most instances, the program is intended for Point-of-Sale transactions (face to face with your pharmacist). However, in the instance of specialty drugs, please contact the number above for assistance in the delivery of such items at program discounts if available.
For those participants that are enrolled via their Assisted Living Location, Senior Care Center or Closed Door Pharmacy, delivery and mail order options may be available. For more information on these scenarios, please contact us at the number above to inquire.
May I use the ScriptSavings.com card if I already have a prescription benefit program??
Yes, many organizations use the ScriptSavings.com Card as a add-value program to supplement where their prescription benefits have been reduced or where there is limited coverage. Many lifestyle drugs, birth control, and other drugs are not covered by standard pharmacy benefit plans where discounts are available on the ScriptSavings.com Card. However, the cards may not be used at the same time or in conjunction with one another on the same prescription drug. When presenting at the pharmacy provide the pharmacist both cards and request that you are provided the best discount for purchasing the prescription. You may also wish to research or compare using the tools on this website prior to your visit to the pharmacy the cost variances and options. You will be pleasantly surprised to see the number of prescriptions that are available at a discount above the covered benefit program.
How do I use the Drug/Pharmacy Finder?
The Drug/Pharmacy finder has been created for ease of use. If you need assistance, please follow these instructions.
- 1- Enter the name of the drug you are interested in looking up. As you begin typing, the name of drugs matching those letters will begin to appear in a dropdown list. You can either complete your typing or select the drug from the drop down list.
- 2- Enter the quantity identified in your prescription. The Finder defaults automatically to a supply/quantity of 30 units
- 3- Press ENTER or RETURN on your keyboard. You will receive a listing indicating the expected retail pricing for the drug (based on the quantity you have entered).
- 4- You may enter your Zip Code to find the location of a participating Pharmacy that is near you. The radius drop down selector allows you to determine how close you would like the pharmacy to be (within 5, 10 or 50 miles of your Zip Code).
- 5- Click on the 'SEARCH' to initiate the Pharmacy search. You will receive a listing of those participating pharmacies within the distance you selected. Please note that the distance is for those pharmacies within a specified distance from the geographic center of the Zip Code entered and not specifically your exact address.
Why do pharmacies honor the ScriptSavings.com Prescription Savings Card?
Pharmacies like the ScriptSavings.com Card because we help develop loyalties to their store and protect them from large mail order companies. Coverage for prescriptions is diminishing as healthcare insurance is getting more aggressive and compressing coverage. The discounts that they agree to take are similar to other insurance reimbursement discounts that they already accept and they want to give back to their patients as a community service and incentive.